Meeting new people can be intimidating and nerve wrecking at times. We researched the top "Get To Know You" questions that will have you chatting in no time.
These questions will help people get to know you a little better as well as get to know others. Take a pick of any of the below questions, that are meant to be fun, diverese and interesting that will help you start any conversation. The list is perfect for team building activties or just spice up your coversation with family or friends.
Top Get To Know You Questions
These questions will never fail when getting to know one another. Ask any of them and we know a great story or ancedote is ready to be told.
- What are you the most proud of?
- What is the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
- How do you prefer to end your day?
- What’s something I would never guess about you?
- What are three words that best describes you?
- If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be?
- If you could take a week off from your regular life to immerse yourself in learning something new, what would it be?
- Where do you most hope to visit?
- What’s one hobby you’d love to get into?
- What’s your most hated household chore?
Student Get To Know You Questions
Do you have a team building activity at school? Try using these questions, they are aimed to spark converations that can create bonds for a lifetime. They are themed to fit into any educational environment and can be easily used for a great class introduction.
- What is your favorite subject at school and why?
- What would you change about today?
- What does a typical day look like for you?
- How do you like to study?
- What do you like best and least about school?
- Which cartoon character do you wish was real?
- Your English teacher is actually a witch! One day, she gets tired of you not paying attention and zaps you into a novel. Which novel would you hope she zapped you into and why?
- Do you put your cereal in the bowl before the milk or the milk in before the cereal?
- What is the most interesting thing you have ever tasted?
- What superpower would you like to have and why?
Funny Get To Know You Questions
Laughing is the best way to bond and get to know someone new. So get ready laugh out loud when you ask these set of questions.
- What inanimate object do you wish you could eliminate from existence?
- What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled on someone?
- What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?
- What is one weird fact or tidbit that you still remember from school?
- What's a movie you can practically quote from start to finish?
- What Disney/cartoon character were you inexplicably afraid of as a kid?
- What’s the funniest name you can think of for a pet?
- Do you have any crazy roommate stories?
- What’s the best Wi-Fi name you’ve seen?
- In one sentence, how would you sum up the internet?
Workplace Get To Know You Questions
The ultimate list to ask during any team building activity with your company. It will have you laugh as well as spark open communication to help bring success to any team.
- What’s a work lesson you’ve had to learn the hard way?
- What’s your most interesting/embarrassing office story?
- Do you prefer closed-door offices or open-concept layouts? Why?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Do you like reading? If so, what genre of books do you like?
- Are you a coffee or tea person?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had, and what did you learn from it?
- What job would you be terrible at?
- Who has inspired your career path most in your life?
- What’s one professional skill you’re working on building?
Random Get To Know You Questions
We thought these questions were easy-going and exciting to ask, but they didn't fit into any particular category.
- What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?
- What's your love language?
- If you could go back in time ten years and tell yourself something, what would you say?
- If you could erase one event from history, which one would you erase?
- What has required the most courage of you in your life so far?
- Would you rather have 10 hobbies or one passion?
- What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
- What TV shows are you watching right now?
- What are you excited about most in your life right now?
- What did you wish for last, like at your birthday or when throwing a coin into a fountain?
Couple Get To Know You Questions
Whether you have been dating for 7 years or just started dating these questions will have any couple feeling more bonded. We have put together a variety of questions that will keep you up all night wanting to learn even more about each other.
- How do you see the future individually and collectively as a couple?
- What would constitute a perfect date for you?
- What things do you look forward to each day?
- What’s one thing you want to do together that we’ve never done before?
- If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future, or anything else, what would you want to know?
- Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
- Do I have any superstitions or beliefs?
- Am I a dog person or a cat person?
- Where do you see yourself living when you retire?
- What’s your idea of a romantic vacation?
"Favorite" Get To Know You Questions
These set of questions helps you to learn about what they like and what their personal preferences are. You can bond over favorite TV shows, songs, or vacations. It can inspire you to try something new and maybe it will become your new "favorite".
- What's your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite book?
- What was your first favorite movie, as a child?
- What is your favorite one-hit wonder?
- What is your favorite country you have visited?
- What is your favorite song?
- What’s your favorite outdoor activity?
- What is your favorite family vacation?
- What is your favorite thing about your career?
- What is your favorite Olympic sport?
Superlative Get To Know You Questions
The "best", "worst", "most", "happiest" superlative questions really help you learn a lot about a person. Get started and ask these riveting questions to get to know your peers!
- What do you think is the greatest invention in your lifetime and why?
- What is the best song ever?
- What is the strangest product you have ever seen?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- What is the saddest movie you have seen?
- When is the most relaxing part of the day for you?
- What’s the funniest book you’ve ever read and the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
- What’s the earliest you could get up every morning?
- What is hottest place you have ever been to?
- What is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen in nature?
Conversation Starter Get To Know You Questions
Don't know how to spark a new conversation? We put together the top conversation starter topics thay will have you chit chatting in no time.
- What is something that hasn’t happened yet, but would certainly break the internet?
- Tell me an embarrassing, yet funny story.
- Is there a charitable cause you support?
- What do you do when you’re not working?
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your friends?
- What’s the most useful thing you own?
- What's your biggest fear?
- What is something you have accomplished as an adult that your younger self would be proud of?
- Where is one place you’d love to travel to again?
- Are there any TV shows you can quote in your sleep?
"If You Could" Get To Know You Questions
Throwing in some hypothetical questions, get's everyone thinking out of the box. They are light hearted and fun that will help your team feel connected.
- If you could bring back any fashion trend what would it be?
- Where would you spend all your time if you could?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- If you could shrink down any animal and carry it around in your pocket, which one would you choose?
- If you could choose to be one character from Harry Potter, who would you be?
- If you could be any person for a day, who would you be and why?
- If you could do high school all over again, would you?
- If you could trade lives with somebody you know, who would it be?
- If you could have a career in anything, what would it be?
- If you could have one song play every time you entered a room what would it be?
That's a wrap!
100 "Get To Know You" questions, we hope you use for your next team building activity.
Remember you only need a few of these to get any conversation started and feel free to mix some of your own questions. We hope you enjoyed this list of "Get To Know You" questions". Let us know which ones were your favorite or if you have any you think should be added to the list
For even more great questions to ask your peers don't forget to read over our 100 Best Ice Breaker Questions In Ranking Order.