Have you ever thought about “bringing” The Office to your office?
Maybe you aren’t quite sure how your employees may react, you can’t find the right timing, you’re contemplating which The Office trivia questions to pick, or you’re on the fence about the potential benefits such trivia questions have.
We get it.
But what if we told you that you could connect each specific The Office trivia questions section with your very own office situation?
This takes such trivia events to the next level because it makes everyone much more motivated and devoted to their work.
Put simply, this trivia game can turn out to be productive on top of being a source of entertainment.
Moreover, going through some funny and random The Office facts and questions might help your employees identify similar patterns and situations in their everyday work.
Worry not - as we share all the details, along with the actual questions, and explain what it takes to host a great The Office trivia event for your employees in this article.
Need to host a live multiplayer game of The Office trivia? Check out TriviaNerd's The Office Trivia collection which has 170 questions with 1 click multiplayer hosting for up to 200 players.
General The Office Trivia Questions and Answers
“American TV comedy is ripe for reinvention, and an ambitious effort like 'The Office represents a step in that direction. Like Arrested Development and Scrubs, it tries for -- and sometimes achieves -- something offbeat, distinct, and intelligent.” — Matthew Gilbert
This first section with the general The Office trivia questions contains a little bit of everything, hence the section’s title.
It includes details about the show’s company’s name, their ceremony, nicknames in the office, facts about the show, and so on. Answering these questions might even lead to some discussions about your own office as well, like your company culture, traditions, your employees’ nicknames, and some inside jokes, to name a few.
The whole point is to invite your employees to reflect on their personal office experiences while dealing with this sitcom’s trivia. It’s the perfect solution for when you wish to host a fun and relaxing trivia night, but at the same time, you want your employees to contemplate their own daily corporate experiences. It’s a win-win scenario!
- What’s the name of the company The Office employees work for?
Answer: Dunder Mifflin.
- What’s the company's annual award ceremony called?
Answer: The Dundies.
- Which character does tons of crosswords during the many meetings?
Answer: Stanley Hudson.
- Who are the 3 main members of the Party Planning Committee?
Answer: Pam, Angela, and Phylis.
- What present does Michael give Ryan, which makes everyone feel awkward and embarrassed for pretty much everything during the episode “Christmas Party”?
Answer: A $400 iPod (with the price tag still attached, though).
- Why does Andy call Jim “Big Tuna”?
Answer: He saw Jim eating a tuna fish sandwich on his first day at the new branch.
- What’s the episode when Andy finds out his girlfriend is in high school?
Answer: "Product Recall".
- Who is the regional manager of the Stamford branch?
Answer: Josh Porter.
- How many episodes in total are there?
- What date did the pilot episode air?
Answer: March 24th, 2005.
Recommended Reading: 101 Best Trivia Questions
The Office Cast Trivia Questions and Answers
Jim and Dwight are about to drive out to a sale, Dwight sits behind Jim
Jim Halpert: Seriously? You're gonna sit in the back?
Dwight Schrute: Uh, yeah? That's the safest part of a car. In the event of a crash, the driver always protects his side first.
Jim slams on the brakes, Dwight's head hits the back of Jim's headrest
Your employees may be acquainted with The Office, many of the details regarding the show, and have no problem recalling information from the show, but how comfortable are they with details about the actual cast?
For instance, do they know the cast members’ names, their other roles in the show, their real-life relationships, and so on?
The questions below will help you test them on all these questions.
- What season did Steve Carell leave The Office?
Answer: 7th season.
- Which Grammy nominee played Andy’s brother Walter?
Answer: Josh Groban.
- What’s the name of the actor who plays Jim Halpert?
Answer: John Krasinski.
- The actress Angela Kinsey plays which character in the show?
Answer: Angela Martin.
- Mindy Kaling, who played Kelly Kapoor in the sitcom, also served as a writer, director, and _______ on the show.
Answer: An executive producer.
- The casting team initially wanted John Krasinski to audition for which role in The Office?
Answer: Dwight Schrute.
- Carol, one of Michael Scott’s girlfriends, is his wife in real life. What’s her real name?
Answer: Nancy Carell.
- What’s the name of the podcast Fischer and Kinsey launched in real life?
Answer: Office Ladies.
- During most of the third season, which actor had to wear a wig because they had to cut their hair for the movie Leatherheads?
Answer: John Krasinski.
- The character of Robert California is portrayed by which actor?
Answer: James Spader.
- What was unique about this sitcom’s auditioning process?
Answer: The actors didn't read scripts - instead, they were interviewed while playing the characters they auditioned for.
Behind the Scenes Office Trivia Questions and Answers
"After shooting the pilot, John, Jenna, Steve, and I went out for a sandwich, down the road in Culver City from that crappy little studio we were at, to this crappy little sandwich shop. [...] Steve was like, 'I think this thing could be really special and I'm betting that these are the roles that will define us for the rest of our lives. No matter what we do for the rest of our lives, this is what we'll be known for.'"
Behind the scenes trivia is for the real fans out there. Such trivia sheds light upon things that were never revealed during the actual show (see question 3), communicates information no one could have possibly anticipated (see question 2), and informs everyone about the creator of the American version of the show (see question 9).
And while we know the focus is on The Office trivia, you can use these behind-the-scenes questions to discuss the behind-the-scenes activities of product creation and product launches, important meetings, other events, and so on, things that only you and your employees are involved in that clients and customers don’t really get to see.
In general, think of this as a warming-up activity before the trivia, or even a post-trivia discussion. It really is about the approach that resonates with you and your employees.
- In season four, who was pregnant in real life and had to hide her stomach behind props, such as boxes, bags, printers, and so on?
Answer: Angela Kinsey.
- Since Steve Carell sweats quite easily, the temperature on the set had to be kept at ______.
- Was the kiss between Oscar and Michael part of the script or was it improvised by Steve Carell?
Answer: The kiss was improvised by Steve Carell.
- Who was the first person to be cast?
Answer: B.J. Novak.
- After getting cast, Jenna Fischer, Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, and Steve Carell went to lunch together (hence our quote above) and predicted how long the show could last. What was their prediction?
Answer: They believed the show had the potential to run for eight years.
- Who directed the episode “Work Bus” from the ninth season?
Answer: Bryan Cranston.
- Did everyone on the set have working computers with Internet during the show’s later seasons?
- Showrunners didn’t inform the NBC executives that Steve Carell would return for the series finale. So, who read Michael’s (Steve’s) lines during the table read?
Answer: Creed Bratton.
- Who adapted the show for the United States?
Answer: Greg Daniels.
- Did the actors get along in real life?
Answer: Yes, it goes without saying that after filming nine seasons together, the cast grew close. Some of these connections even turned into life-long friendships.
The Office Seasons and Episodes Trivia Questions and Answers
“We were all bouncing down the road, blissfully unaware of what was about to happen. We were saying our lines, and everything was going smoothly when all of a sudden, we heard the assistant director yell, 'Swerve!' The stunt driver swerved HARD. I mean he cranked that wheel like Cole Trickle in Days of Thunder. As a result, the entire cast and contents of the bus went flying into the side of the party bus! What no one had considered when they told this stunt driver to swerve as hard as he could without flipping the bus over was that none of our office furniture, props, or set decorations were securely tied down.”
This is another section for The Office trivia nerds!
Otherwise, how can someone know the episode’s name where a particular event took place, the exact season when a specific party took place, or when a particular character joined the show?
If you have such nerds in your office, they might stand a chance at answering the questions right. If not, they’ll simply end up expanding their knowledge.
Either way, they’re in for a wild trivia ride.
Also, by now, it’s clear that we recommended connecting each specific The Office trivia questions section with your own office situation. And while it might seem tricky for this particular one, we’ve come up with a few questions that relate to the ones from this part of the trivia.
What’s the most memorable thing that happened last month in the office? How did you celebrate your company’s anniversary? Who bought the funniest Secret Santa gift? What year was it? How many New Year’s Eve parties have you had in the office so far?
Feel free to expand on the list in a way that feels right for you and your employees.
- What’s the name of the second episode of the first season?
Answer: "Diversity Day".
- What season is Andry first introduced in?
Answer: 3rd season.
- In what episode does Michael decide to lead a charity 5K fun run, named "Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure" in order to bring awareness to the dangers of rabies?
Answer: The first and second episodes of the fourth season of The Office (and the 54th and 55th episode overall).
- In the episode “Christmas Party”, who does Kevin get for Secret Santa?
- What’s the name of the episode where Michael Scott accidentally burns his foot on the George Foreman Grill?
Answer: “The Injury”.
- In the episode “Gossip”, which character questions their sexuality?
Answer: Andy Bernard.
- In the season 3 finale, Andy Bernad called Jim ______ instead of Big Tuna.
Answer: Big Haircut.
- What username does Michael pick for an online dating service in the episode “Take Your Daughter to Work Day”?
Answer: Little Kid Lover.
- Throughout all seasons, how many parties were there?
Answer: 17 Dunder Mifflin birthday parties.
- What’s the name of the episode where Angela Kinsy kicked Karen out of the Party Planning Committee?
Answer: "A Benihana Christmas".
The Office Quotes Trivia Questions and Answers
“Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.”
— Michael Scott, The Office
Good quotes are memorable. Bad ones are unforgettable.
Which category would you say most of the quotes from The Office belong to?
Whether you or your employees can classify The Office quotes, one thing’s certain - trying to guess who said them is fun, and that’s what you need for a successful trivia event.
Moreover, going through the quotes below might inspire your workers to recall certain memorable quotes by their peers - something someone may have said or commented that made everyone laugh, cringe, or applaud. Tip: You could write a list with all these quotes and use them for the next trivia event by creating a personalized The Office trivia event, where the focus will be, indeed, on your office.
Now, onto the questions for this trivia event.
- Who said the following quote: “Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go into their normal jobs and get a distress call from the Commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes.”?
Answer: Dwight Schrute.
- Who said the following quote:“It’s like I used to tell my wife: I do not apologize unless I think I’m wrong. And if you don’t like it, you can leave. And I say the same thing to my current wife and I’ll say it to my next one, too.”?
Answer: Stanley Hudson.
- Who said the following quote: "I wake up every morning in a bed that's too small, drive my daughter to a school that's too expensive, and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little, but on Pretzel Day? Well, I like pretzel day."?
Answer: Stanley Hudson.
- Who said the following quote: “No, Rose, they are not breathing. And they have no arms or legs … Where are they? You know what? If we come across somebody with no arms or legs, do we bother resuscitating them? I mean, what quality of life do we have there?”?
Answer: Michael Scott.
- Who said the following quote: "Sometimes I feel like everyone I work with is an idiot. And by sometimes, I mean all times. All the time. Every of the time."?
Answer: Kevin Malone.
- Who said the following quote: We didn’t play many video games in Scranton. Instead, we’d do stuff like… uh, Pam and I would sometimes hum the same high-pitched note and try to get Dwight to make an appointment with an ear doctor. And, uh, Pam called it… pretendinitis.”?
Answer: Jim Halpert.
- Who said the following quote: “Sometimes the clothes at Gap Kids are too flashy, so I’m forced to go to the American Girl store and order clothes for large colonial dolls.”?
Answer: Angela Martin.
- Who said the following quote: “Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me... No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make."?
Answer: Michael Scott.
Who said the following quote:“If I were buying my coffin, I would get one with thicker walls so you couldn’t hear the other dead people.”? Answer: Dwight Schrute.
Who said the following quote: "Everything I have I owe to this job...this stupid, wonderful, boring, amazing job."? Answer: Jim Halpert.
Who said the following quote: "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them."?
Answer: Andy Bernard.
- Who said the following quote: “Would I ever leave this company? Look, I’m all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I’m being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly… I’m going wherever they value loyalty the most.”?
Answer: Dwight Schrute.
- Who said the following quote: "You guys I’m, like, really smart now. You don’t even know. You could ask me, 'Kelly, what’s the biggest company in the world?' And I’d be like, 'blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah.' Giving you the exact right answer."?
Answer: Kelly Kapoor.
- Who said the following quote: “Right now, this is just a job. If I advance any higher in this company, this would be my career. And, uh, if this were my career, I’d have to throw myself in front of a train.”? Answer: Jim Halpert.
-Who said the following quote: “I wanna do a cartwheel. But real casual-like. Not enough to make a big deal out of it, but I know everyone saw it. One stunning, gorgeous cartwheel.”?
Answer: Creed Bratton.
Michael Scott Trivia Questions and Answers
“I would say I kind of have an unfair advantage, because I watch reality dating shows like a hawk, and I learn. I absorb information from the strategies of the winners and the losers. Actually, I probably learn more from the losers.”
— Michael Scott, The Office
Michael Scott is the show’s protagonist, and as such, he deserves a separate section in this trivia article.
Coming from a childhood full of loneliness, having troubles with his early education, and struggling with basic social skills and norms, it’s not difficult to see what makes him such an unusual character. Plus, he wants to be friends with his employees more than he’s interested in “managing” them the way his job position requires him to do. Put simply, it seems as though his professional responsibilities come secondly compared to his need to bond with the workers.
We’d be curious to hear how your employees feel about this kind of an approach - after all, what employer would approve of such managerial behavior?
But before you dive into such heated discussions, don’t forget to first pick some of our Michael Scott trivia questions below.
- How much does Michael donate to Oscar's nephew's walkathon?
Answer: $25 per mile.
- While playing who would you do in the office, Michael says he’d have sex with which coworker?
Answer: Ryan Howard.
Michael likes waking up to the smell of what in the morning? Answer: Bacon.
According to Michael, what was Phyllis’ nickname in high school?
Answer: Easy Rider.
- Where does Michael Scott move to start his new life with Holly?
Answer: Boulder, Colorado.
What’s Michael’s middle name? Answer: Gary.
Who gave Michael the World’s Best Boss mug?
Answer: He bought it for himself.
- What book did Michael buy for Ryan to give him at the Launch Party?
Answer: Green Eggs and Ham.
- If Michael ever got a tattoo on his back, what would it say?
Answer: “Back To the Future”.
- Who is Michael's favorite actress?
Answer: Meryl Streep.
Dwight Schrute Trivia Questions and Answers
*“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think, ‘Would an idiot do that?’ And if they would, I do not do that thing.” *
— Dwight Schrute, The Office
Known for his lack of social skills. In love with martial arts. Has an outrageous haircut. Owns many exotic pets.
What would it feel like to have a coworker such as Dwight? Perhaps you can ask your employees and see how creative they’ll get with their answers.
You might even see what they think about Dwight Schrute in general, what they find so funny about him, or what qualities they find admirable.
Dwight is a fun character to talk about, and there can definitely be long discussions about him in the office.
All in all, if you’re planning to organize The Office trivia event at work, you can’t neglect our Dwight Schrute questions. Trust us, they take the whole trivia event to the next level.
- What doll does Dwight Schrute buy in order to make a profit during the Christmas season?
Answer: Princess Unicorn.
- Which of Angela’s cats did Dwight kill?
- What “that's what she said” setup does Dwight Schrute say after telling all the workers to take one more bite of eclair?
Answer: “Hold it in your mouth if you can’t swallow”.
- Dwight Schrute takes an entire workday investigating a worker who called in sick - what’s that employee’s name?
- A prank goes wrong, and as a result, Dwight Schrute ends up trapped in an elevator with someone. What’s the name of the person he’s stuck with there?
- Dwight Schrute's rule seventeen is to never turn your back on bears, men you have wronged, or the dominant turkey during what crucial time?
Answer: Mating season.
- What color does Dwight Schrute paint his office when he thinks he’s taking over for Michael?
- What sandwich does Dwight Schrute trick Michael into eating after breaking into the Michael Scott Paper Company?
Answer: Meatball parm.
- Why does Dwight Schrute pick brown and gray balloons for Kelly's birthday party?
Answer: Because they match the carpet.
- What’s the name of Schrute’s son?
Answer: Phillip Halsted Schrute.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use The Office trivia for?
The Office trivia questions can be used in a wide range of informal settings - from office breaks, trivia nights, after-work gatherings, and spontaneous meetings, to neatly planned team-building activities and icebreaker sessions.
It all depends on what informal events you engage in with your team and how frequently you organize them. For instance, are trivia events something you do once a week or on a monthly basis? Is it common to host a trivia party each Friday after work? Perhaps you host trivia events every once in a while because you try to incorporate other team-building activities as well?
Also, are you hosting a virtual trivia event for a remote team or is it an event that requires in-person planning?
Taking all these things into account will help tremendously when deciding what to use such trivia for.
How do I choose the right The Office trivia questions for my team?
Picking the right The Office trivia questions isn’t hard when you have the best questions at your disposal, like the ones on our list here.
With that said, you might consider a few things when choosing The Office trivia questions for your trivia event. For instance, do you know what type of questions your workers are more interested in? Is it general questions about the tv show or questions that revolve around a specific character? Do they remember some memorable quotes?
Whatever the case may be, it’s best to include versatile questions so that every employee that participates in the trivia feels included and has fun.
What if my employees haven’t seen/dislike The Office?
Fans of The Office will find it hard to imagine someone hasn’t seen or dislikes this sitcom. However, you can’t argue about people’s tv show preferences. You can only adjust your trivia plans and try to please the majority.
With that said, let’s see how to go about planning a The Office trivia event in your office where some workers aren’t quite fond of it or familiar with it.
First of all, don't judge the employees who don’t feel like The Office is their cup of tea (or never bothered to get acquainted with it). Such trivia events aren’t meant to further divide people or cause arguments. On the contrary, they’re meant to help employees bond, have fun, and expand their knowledge.
Also, use this opportunity to learn what it is that these employees like. Is it holiday-themed trivia nights? Perhaps they watch sci-fi shows? Maybe romantic TV shows? Or are they not fond of tv shows altogether and prefer movie trivia?
This not only helps you plan future trivia events, but allows you to learn what your workers truly like, are passionate about, and care for as well. Put simply, this enables you to plan a wide range of team-building activities that will be enjoyed by most, if not all of your employees.
Finally, don’t assume that just because some of your workers dislike The Office, they won’t take part in your trivia event. After all, such events are all about team bonding, employee motivation, and allowing workers to gather and interact in an informal way.
All in all, hosting a The Office trivia event can be a fun experience - both for you as an organizer, and your workers as attendees.
And while all the details regarding planning this activity may vary from company to company, if you have the right The Office trivia questions, you practically have (almost) everything you need to host a great trivia event.
Finally, The Office trivia event can be the game-changer your office currently needs. After all, Michael Scott did say that “An office is for not dying. An office is a place to live life to the fullest, to the max, to... An office is a place where dreams come true.”, so why not try and help your workers’ corporate dreams come true?